- Kids are back after a week and a half with Dad and Grandma Carol. I couldn't be happier and it melts my heart every time Stephen says, "Mommy, I missed you so much." It seems only minor "de-programming" needs to be done, while major diaper rash is upon us. (is it coincidence or teething???)
- Friday is the BIG day for the house. I could technically move then, but there will be a week or two of major projects to get done first (I am hoping for 1 week). I am having a blast shopping for new stuff for the house. I spent this morning at HOBO checking out new vanities and flooring. Dad, aka my general contractor, will need to be along with measurements for those purchases. I have all 3 bedrooms planned out, bathroom is nearly decided on, all that is left is the kitchen and living room.
- Stephen is all about Thomas the Train and the Leapfrog Tag Junior he got for his birthday. I got him a new book for it and you can even program it to say your child's name. He spent all morning turning it off and on, just so he could hear it say "Welcome back Stephen."
- Work is going well. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I actually applied for a new job working for a hospice agency. One of the nurses that comes to my work has been trying to recruit me for about a month now. I finally did some number crunching and applied last night. The hours are much more flexible, the pay is better, and no mandatory weekends (maybe 1 every 6 weeks). The negative is I would be driving a lot during the day.
- The big "D" update hasn't changed one bit. Lies reveal themselves almost on a daily basis. I continue to be disappointed in Robin's actions and decisions while the kids are with him. I am doing my best to accept the fact that things are out of my hands when they are with him. I can no longer control what he does or who he is with when I am not there. I make my opinions very clear, but it is like talking to a brick wall. So, we wait until the final hearing and hope it is final.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Today is Stephen's 3rd birthday. I can't believe that 3 years ago today after 25 hours of labor I brought this amazing little boy into this crazy world. It is amazing how much a child grows and changes in such a short amount of time. He has become his own person with likes and dislikes, a silly sense of humor, opinions, and tests his Independence daily. We have days when for a split second I wonder why I brought this immense challenge upon myself. But then another second later he will say "Mommy I love you so much," and melts my heart. With everything going on in our life right now it is my number one goal to make sure that my children are surrounded by loving and caring people. I will continue to have a normal life for my kids sake. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate Stephen's 3rd birthday. It was a great reminder that we have a lot of people who love and support us. Thanks Again!!!