Monday, December 1, 2008

The Holidays are here...

My Wine Man
(I love it!!)





Thanksgiving was great up at the cabin. It gave great insight of what is to come for Christmas. Only half of all the grandkids/great-grandkids were there and it was chaos, but in a good way. Dinner was great of course. Unfortunately deer hunting didn't go as well. I guess the men didn't see much, other than a baby that was injured already. Robin put it out of its misery. We did craft hour with the kids. Of course Stephen wanted no part of it, but the girls loved it. There was lots of reminding to share, but no time-outs!

I put up the tree today and some of the other decorations that I have. Stephen was a great helper with the tree. We are still working on not touching the ornaments now that they are up. I need to get a good picture of all the kids for a Christmas card. I am really slacking this year. I meant to get a picture up north over Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen. So the wheels are turning my brain to come up with something creative for the picture this year.

I am planning on making a gingerbread house from scratch this year. Maybe this week sometime. Robin even expressed some interest in doing it too. He will be the architect and I will be the decorator. I am sure there will be some interesting pictures of that to come.

No comments: