Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sneaking in the crib...

Last week I decided that enough was enough. No more baby sleeping 2 feet away from me. So I put the crib up again in the kids room. For those of you counting, that is 3 kids in one bedroom. Well, 2 during the week and 3 on the weekends. So far, Lyhna is excited about it. She even said that if I have a bottle warmed up, she would get up to feed her in the middle of the night. I am glad to see those motherly instincts in her, but she has yet to wake up when Aria does at 3am. The only problem we are having is that, Stephen like to climb into the crib at night. 3 times I poked my head in the bedroom last night and every time he was in there, turning on her nature soother. I woke up in a panic when Robin was getting ready for work this morning because Aria didn't get up to eat last night. My first thought was, OMG Stephen climbed in the crib again, used her as a pillow, and suffocated her and now she is dead. Obviously, that didn't happen, she just slept through the night. YIPPIE!! Naps haven't been an issue so far, in fact I think it is making Stephen sleep deeper. Right now I just put Aria down while Stephen is asleep. He didn't even flinch. It used to be that every time I would open the door to check on him, he would instantly wake up. So far, so good.

Aria had her 4 month check up today. 4 months already, I can't believe it!!! She is 14 pounds, 6 ounces, 23 inches long. She is "perfect" according to the doctor, just a little "petite." What a nice way of saying that she is a midget (only in the 16th percentile for her height). I did bring up my concerns with her snorting. She constantly sounds like she is congested, but there is nothing there to suck out. The doctor looked up her nose, and she does have swollen turbinates (circular bones in the bridge of your nose). I blame dear old Daddy for that one. He got shots in his turbinates to shrink them down during is deviated septum surgery. There is nothing we can do now, she is still to little. If if continues to be a problem as she gets older we will address it then. She also got 4 shots, man I hate that. The only good part about that was that she was really hungry by then, so I just gave her a bottle and she stopped crying, then slept the whole way home. Stephen also got the flu nasal mist while we were there. When given the option between a shot and the mist, who in their right mind would give their kid a shot when it isn't needed. I did not want to deal with 2 screaming kids.

Halloween costumes are almost done, laundry is never ending, and we have been hitting the gym really hard lately. Other than that not much else to update!

No comments: