I spent the majority of today, and a good part of last night in 2 different ER's with Aria. It all started with a low fever over the weekend. Then all day Sunday, she wasn't herself, fevers continued. So finally we (me and my whole family, and some non family members) decided she needed to be seen ASAP. In the half hour it took to leave the house, get to the ER and see a nurse, her temp jumped from 102.5 to 105!!! Ummmm, I would want to die if that were me, poor baby. It was a long night full of blood draws, catheters, x-rays, and drugs. All to be sent home with this tidbit of info, "She has an infection, we don't know where. But we don't want to give her antibiotics yet as it could mask something more serious down the road, like meningitis. So follow up in 24 hours and have a good night." Are you effing kidding me?!?!?!?!?! So I take her home, wake up to a 104.9 temp. Back in the car, this time headed to Children's Hospital. More of the same, with the addition of an IV and antibiotics. Dr says, "She has an infection that we still can't pinpoint, here is a prescription for amoxicillin (sp?), call in 48 for test results.......SWINE FLU RESULTS!!! Double are you effing kidding me?!?!?! By baby has swine flu, MAYBE!! It is good to have spies in the lab there that can give me info sooner than 48 hours. She does seem better tonight, but we will have to wait and see how she is when the drugs wear off again. I haven't slept much since Saturday night, so I am praying all is ok.
Nighty-Night!! And Oink-Oink!