Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It Is Finally Time

Time to start potty training. I have been doing lots of research this week and read the book that my sister gave me on potty training. A lot of what I read says that waiting to potty train after the age of 2 will make it more difficult. Boys tend to be more challenging, but what the heck. I am a stay at home mom and can make it my mission to do this for the next how ever long it takes. So here is my plan:

1. Go get potty training books and a video for Stephen. I think we will go to the library when he wakes up today, so he can start with those ahead of time.
2. Take a special shopping trip with just me and Stephen to pick out big boy undies and rewards, and a timer. Maybe even a sticker chart too.
3. Have a potty party where we get rid off all his diapers and bring out the potty chair. (Obviously I will have a secret stash of diapers for nap and night time).
4.Then next Monday will be the official start of potty training. We will be gone this weekend again so that would be a bad time to start. There is nothing going on next week so we can focus 100%.

I still need to get Robin on board with this too. I am sure he is just as ready to get rid of the diapers as I am. I just need to make sure he understands all "rules" so we are both consistant with Stephen so not to confuse him.

Wish us luck!

No comments: