Friday, November 14, 2008

Not much going on...

I haven't posted in awhile, really because nothing is new. Aria stopped sleeping through the night, of course. I had a feeling she was just playing me. Stephen is still getting in trouble all the time, but his vocabulary is improving everyday. He actually talks on the phone every now and then to grandmas and daddy. Lyhna got her first report card of the year and is doing wonderfully. Conferences were this week but someone, who shall remain nameless, misplaced our sign up sheet for one. So there were no open spots for us, but apparently she is doing very well and is not letting her social life interfere with her ability to stay on task. That is great to hear after the last two years of comments from her teachers about her being very preoccupied and distracted.

I am hoping to start some Christmas shopping this weekend, since we do not have Lyhna. Kohls is having one of their huge sales today and tomorrow, so I hope to check that out. I really am at a loss what to get the kids this year. Aria is at the age were all she needs is clothes because she is growing like a weed on steroids. Stephen on the other hand doesn't really need any clothes because his Auntie Nay Nay sends tons of hand me downs from cousin Wyatt (thank you btw!!) He has bins and bind of toys already, half of which he doesn't even play with. I suppose that means I need to sort through everything and get rid of some stuff. And then there is Lyhna. She doesn't really play with toys anymore. She is into more crafty and scientific type things. But then again I think she would be perfectly happy with a stack of notebooks and pens, she never leaves home with out those. But she DOES need clothes, because she too is growing super fast. So maybe I will get the clothes shopping out of the way this weekend.

We have our meeting with the pastor tomorrow morning, so hopefully we will figure out when we will be doing the baptisms then. He is quite the talker, so I hope this doesn't drag out forever. Maybe the kids will be horrible and he will speed things along. Is that bad of me to think that?

Hmmm, I think that about sums up our week. Oh, any suggestions on what to wear for our first ever family portrait. I don't really want to do a Christmas theme, although that seems to make the most sense. So that leave coordinating color scheme, but what color is the problem. I think Robin is the pickiest one of all of us so that poses some issues. I will probably go with jeans and white/cream tops. How boring!!!

For nothing going on, this ended up being a really long post. Can you tell I am bored at work?

No comments: