Thursday, July 24, 2008

How did I get so lucky?

I thought the chances of getting both Stephen and Aria on the same nap schedule would be nearly impossible. Actually, I was looking forward to them sleeping at opposite times so I would be able to give each one some one on one attention while the other is sleeping. Now that they are taking their long afternoon naps at the same time, I think I was crazy for wanting them to sleep opposite each other. Stephen has always slept from about 1pm-4:15pm everyday. And now, without any coercing from me, Aria is sleeping from about 12pm-3ish every day. It is the greatest thing in the world. I am able to get the laundry done, clean, get dinner ready most nights, everything except vacuum. Don't get me wrong, some days I do take naps, and my house is far from spotless. But I do love my alone time!

Today I practiced my cake decoration for Stephen's upcoming birthday. I can't believe he will be 2 in less than 2 weeks. I am very excited to do his cake, well actually it will be a cupcake cake. I bought real decorators tips and frosting bags. I will not tell you what it will end up being, you will have to wait for the picture when it is finished. I think we will be spending his birthday up at "gamma and papa's" cabin. I am not sure we will stay the whole weekend, but I think we will try 1 night away from home. It should be interesting. I think my sister, bro-in-law and niece will also be going, so that makes 4 grandkids plus one on the way. I hope they can handle it.

No comments: